Saturday, August 7, 2010

Don't know what to title this...

Basically, this is just a random blog post because I feel like posting but I don't really have anything specific to write about which is why I don't know what to title this. Oh well!

Today was a really good day, the best day I've had in a while. Usually dialysis days are not happy days but last night when we were praying together, my sister and mom both prayed that today would be the best dialysis day I've had yet. And, praise the Lord, it was. You hear all the time that "Prayer works" so much so that it has become a cliche. I hate, loathe, and despise platitudes and cliches so much that I start mumbling sarcastically under my breath whenever I hear them nowadays. So I'm not going to gush "Prayer really works!" because, the truth is, prayer ALWAYS works, it's just sometimes we don't get the answer we want. Today, God gave us the answer we wanted and I'm very grateful for that. But sometimes God doesn't give an answer that I wanted and yes, sometimes I get mad at Him for that and I'm not very quick to be grateful during times like that. Prayer still works, though and He still answers.

I also got to visit with my Grandpa and uncle as they came by to pick up my dad and brothers to take to my other Grandpa's gun range and shoot guns off for the afternoon. I didn't get to spend very much time with them before I had to leave for dialysis but I did get to spend some time with them when they got back. I'm slightly jealous I didn't get to go and shoot guns for the afternoon but my mom promised me when I get to feeling better, we'll have a girl's day and go shoot guns with my Grandpa at his range for the afternoon and I'm looking forward to that! :-)

My Grandma, when she was here last, wanted to do something special for me and my sister so she worked her magic and found awesome comforter bed sets for me and my sister. Eventually, I will post a pic (I know, I know, I keep saying that!) and show you because they are amazing. Mine is better than my sister's because it's mine and that automatically makes it better. Hers is black and white zebra stripe sheets with a reversible black and white polka dot comforter. Mine is hot pink with black zebra stripes and I am going to find some lime green pillows because I love lime green and I want them. Yep... be jealous people, you know you want some lime green pillows with your pink zebra striped comforters. ;-)

Also, a special friend called me today and asked me if I would like her to get my blog all set up with a cute background and everything. She knows me well enough that I knew she would pick out something great and... she did! Within the hour, actually, she called me back and told me to look at it and tell me if I liked it. I don't know about you but I love it and I think it's perfect and exactly something I would have picked if my internet filter hadn't been acting up. Words can't express my gratefulness to this friend for doing this for me. Thanks Cinderella! :-)

So... I think that will do it for today. So far I've been able to post every day since I started this blog and that's a record for me in my life's book of Guinness records. Little things like that make me happy and, as long as I am able too, I'll keep posting every day when I can... just because I can!

2 comments:

  1. Kristi, thanks so much for starting this blog! We have been praying for you, and it's nice to be able to keep up with everything. We just got internet back last night, so I am all caught up now! Praying for you! Hope you get to go to church this morning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandma and I read this 2gether 2nite. U R an incredibly amazing young Lady! BTW the hair is sooo KEWL! LUV IT!

    ReplyDelete