Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Ugh, rough day

So, in my last post I mentioned that I only had three weeks before the transplant... well, it's actually two weeks exactly, starting tomorrow. Which means, if I count today, I have 15 days before I get a new kidney.

I don't know if I've ever been more stressed in my life than I am right now. I remember when I was 13 and I was about to have my first kidney biopsy and how stressed I was about that... I guess the older I get, the things I have to go through get harder and harder and I get more and more stressed. It's a wonder I have any hair on my head at all...

I got the results from my P.E.T. test today and it showed that I am not getting enough dialysis which explains why I'm not feeling better. My nurse told me I would have been a perfect  candidate for the cycler machine and I wish so badly that I would have been able to switch to that way before now. I was supposed to start today and I regret that I agreed with the nurse and decided against the training today because she already cancelled my order and now I would have to wait a whole week before I would be able to start and since I've only got two weeks left, there's no point.

So, because I'm not on the cycler... I have to do more exchanges, every two hours, every single day... for the next two weeks. Good thing I can't leave the house because if I'm supposed to get seven exchanges in every day, there's no way I'd be able to get out anywhere and still keep  up with that. Which really stinks because my church is having revival meetings with an evangelistic team and I'm not going to be able to go to any more meetings this week, or the Irish concert that they're having on Friday.

I also have to put more fluid in my stomach now and the more fluid, the more stretched out my stomach gets and the more uncomfortable I get. These next two weeks are NOT going to be fun...

In other news, I had almost twenty tubes of blood drawn today for some Thrombosis (I think) panel... I don't really know what it's for but I was poked four times and I'm still bruised and sore from the last time I had blood drawn (that was six pokes, that time) and so now, I'm really sore and I'm completely exhausted because it  was a lot of blood. I would totally go to sleep if I could but I can't because I have to do another dialysis exchange so that's why I'm blogging because I'm trying to keep myself awake which means I need to keep myself out of bed.

I'm not meaning to complain, but it was an incredibly rough day and the next 14 days are only going to get rougher and I just felt like writing about it so I did.

On a really sad note, I lost my iPod touch... I'm so sad, it was expensive, had some stuff that was important to me, and was going to be the way I kept in touch on Facebook and my blog while I was in the hospital because it had internet connection and it's way better than setting my laptop on me. Just so you all know.

No comments:

Post a Comment