Monday, October 25, 2010

10 days left!

Approximately 10 days... 240 hours... 14,400 minutes... 864,000 seconds... until November 4th when I get my new kidney.

But who's counting! :-)

And this time next week, I will either be driving to or already in Oklahoma City. Me and my parents leave for OKC next Monday (Nov 1st) so that we will be up there in time for our pre-surgery appointment on the 2nd. Then I guess we'll just hang out all day on the 3rd before leaving at the crack of dawn on the 4th to go get checked in and await the surgery.

From what I hear, most of my family is going to try to be there. My grandparents, my aunts, my uncles, maybe some cousins... It will be almost like Christmas getting us all together in one place. I don't know how much we'll get to see of each other because after the surgery I'll be moved to Intensive Care for a few days and I don't think they let visitors in for very long but they'll be able to see my parents and my grandparents are going to take my dad home when he's discharged after two or three days.

My mom is reserving us a slot at either the Fisher House or the Ronald McDonald House so she has a place to stay while I'm in ICU and we'll both have a place to stay for the next month or so when I'm discharged but still needing tests, lab-work and medication changes done and I need to stay in the area. One of my friends is gonna bring me a lot of movies to watch so I can keep myself occupied while I'm recovering and I will be bringing my laptop so I can continue to blog. ;-)

10... more... days...

3 comments:

  1. Praise God! I'm so happy for you. I remember when we were counting down the days for my mom's kidney transplant. It was amazing, exciting, and nerve-wracking! I'll be praying for you as you go through the surgery and recovery. Praise God for the doctors and technology for procedures like this. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you, dear Kristin! That's so exciting!! Don't we have such an amazing, caring Father watching out for us? :D Love you sis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome miss Kristin. So incredibly happy for you!

    ReplyDelete