Saturday, July 14, 2012

Catch-Up Time :-)

So.... yeah it's always awkward trying to get back into blogging when you've let things go. Especially after making a promise to have a series of blog posts and such. But life happens and I'm finally back after a crazy, crazy summer.

Picking up where my last post left off, I pretty much failed at getting my life back on track. Mostly because I was too busy trying to do things on my own (when am I ever gonna learn that I can't. I mean, seriously!) and because I was watching my life derail because of bad choices, having my priorities mixed up, and pretty much ignoring God I kinda forgot about my little blog here. But y'all probably wouldn't have wanted to read my thoughts during that time anyway but I'm sure I'll be sharing some things from those experiences later on now that I've put some distance and time between myself and those situations.

Needless to say, God cared enough about me to give me a divine intervention by working everything out for me to go to a girl's training camp (very last minute, but it was exactly what I needed) called STEP and then, since I'm currently jobless, I was provided with the opportunity to volunteer at the International ALERT Academy (IAA)  with a full-time job working under a very Godly couple and having all my basic needs covered.

That was a shortened version of the last three months of my life but it's enough to get everybody all back on the same page with where I'm at now.

I'm in the process of making some pretty big decisions but I'm pretty excited about what the future holds right now and I'm looking forward to seeing what God's gonna do next. Big things are happening  and I'm just along for the ride on this crazy adventure of life. If I had to pick on big lesson that I've gotten out of this year, it's to hold on tight.  God likes big roller coasters that go so fast and so high that you feel like you're going to fly right out of your seat, in spite of the the fact that you're buckled in with those big, V-style harness things that swing down over your shoulders and lock into place so that you absolutely do not move.  But you still feel like they aren't enough when you're flying down a hill and the g-forces are pulling the flesh back on your face and your body seems to be suspended in that small space between your seat and the harness. Pretty much, all you can do is hold on because that's how life is sometimes. The biggest, scariest, most rewarding roller coaster of all time.

I am really excited to start getting back into my blogging though! Things are going to be a little different around here but I think you'll like the changes I make. I've got so much to write about and so much to tell y'all about my life, and the things God is showing me, and the ideas bouncing around in my head and whatever else that I decide to post over here in my little corner of the internet.

Enjoy the ride!



This picture doesn't really have anything to do with this post, I just like it. It's a reminder to me that God sees the big picture and I only see a small piece. 

6 comments:

  1. Kristin -- good to hear from you! The Lord never gives up on us, does He? That hope is something to rejoice about (Rom. 5:2).

    My summer has alternately crawled and flown by. I'll be flying back to OKC in five weeks (any chance I'll see you then? :) God has quite blessed my time at home! It is so good to be back with my family, serving the Lord together in our little Alaskan mission field.

    Never regret any experience the Lord has brought you through, Kristin -- the good, the bad, or the ugly. "Tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope: And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us." We would never truly know the love of God otherwise.

    Much love & many prayers,

    Naomi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Naomi!
      It's so good to hear from you, too! And thank you for your comment. I was especially encouraged to read the last paragraph. Something God's definitely been teaching me is that guilt is not from Him, I may have made some bad choices but that doesn't mean He's given up on me, and that He's not still there with His hand open ready to pull me out of the pit I've dug for myself. That He still works all things together for good and that I should never regret the experiences. :-)

      I will most likely be writing about this in the near future, there's too much to cram into this comment box, haha!

      So glad you had a good time back home with your family this summer. I'll be praying for you as you start the new school year (and I definitely think there will be a chance for me to see you!)

      Love,
      Kristin

      Delete
  2. Yay! Looking forward to hearing all about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Puzzle picture Kristin!
    and I love you. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still always think of EXCEL when I see puzzle pieces. :-) I love and miss you, Chrissy!

      Delete