Sunday, April 15, 2012

This means war.

I've hit an identity crisis of my soul. I'm at a crossroads with one path leading me towards compromise, confusion and spiritual enslavement to the things that I know are wrong. The other path leads me towards discipline, control, and freedom to walk in the grace and faith of Christ.

The first on requires very little effort on my part, in fact I hardly have to do anything except give in and let spiritual defilement take it's course. I have to stop thinking, stop fighting, stop trying and just pretty much go with the flow of my feelings. It wouldn't be very hard at all.

The latter path is different. It's going to mean blood, sweat, and tears. It's going to require sacrifice. It's going to mean constant attention to my heart and emotions to keep them aligned to what's right. To walk this path is to say no to myself and yes to God, no matter what the cost may be. It means making war.




There will be a series of these posts over the next coming weeks as I document my battles, victories, failures, lessons learned, war strategies and stuff like that. 

2 comments:

  1. Very well said. "It means making war." I'm with you. :)

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen,

    I stumbled upon your blog via your twitter convo with Lauren Dubinsky (love her!) and I wanted to say I just love your blog. I feel I can relate on so many levels. I find myself daily struggling with the 'crossroad' you described. Know that you're not alone and you are probably doing a lot better than you think!

    Actually, I don't like promotion really BUT I feel you might like this! My friends and I just started a blog together and we literally said nearly the same thing as you did,

    "There will be a series of these posts over the next coming weeks as I document my battles, victories, failures, lessons learned, war strategies and stuff like that."

    Literally, almost identical! Would love for you to stop by sometime and maybe we can exchange advice and all things dealing with life's stuff :)

    Either way, I'm so excited to read along and will pray for your heart to be at ease! I don't know you, but I can already tell you're awesome.

    http://all-of-the-stuff.blogspot.com/2012/07/first-post-breakdown.html

    ReplyDelete