Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Six Impossible Things





I watched Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland yesterday. My parents bought it for me as a Birthday present and I love (really, really LOVE) this movie that I decided to post my six impossible things that I believe and a random thought that came to me while watching this movie.


1. God is not incompetent and He doesn't make mistakes.

2. I can dream and plan and have hope.

3. God still loves me no matter what.

4. Scars are a beautiful thing.

5. God's plan is always perfect.

6. I can overcome my circumstances.


NOTE: If you haven't seen the movie, then this might not make a whole lot of sense.

Towards the end of the film when the White Queen is asking for a champion and the calendar thingamajig clearly shows that it's Alice, she runs. She goes to a balcony and is pacing angrily back and forth before sitting down and crying. She then sees the blue caterpillar, Absalom, who is knitting himself into a chrysalis and gives her the pep talk of the century, helping her realize that she is, indeed, "The Alice" who will slay the Jabberwocky (an evil, scary dragon). His final words to her are about the sword that must be used to kill the dragon is this:

"Remember Alice, the Vorpal sword knows what it wants. All you have to do is hold on to it."

I changed that around a little bit to this:

"Remember Kristin, God knows He wants. All you have to do is hold on to Him."

1 comment:

  1. I love this, Kristen! Isn't that pep talk the one where she finally says that who she is is her father's daughter? We are our Father's daughters too. Just like Him in fact. =) Thanks for writing. Thanks for keeping hope, I know it's hard.

    ReplyDelete