Tuesday, September 28, 2010

This is taking f.o.r.e.v.e.r.

My parents went back up to OU today to meet with Dr. Sindwhani (Yes, he's Indian and yes, I probably just totally misspelled his name.) Dr. Sindwhani is the head transplant doctor and the guy who will be performing to transplant surgery... whenever that actually happens.

As in most cases, this doctor overbooked his appointments and my parents ended up waiting three hours before they were seen. This is the last step before my case is presented to the transplant committee but before that happens, this doctor wanted to double-check a few things. Apparently, one of my dad's tests showed that his kidneys were spilling protein... which is a sign that the kidneys aren't functioning as properly as they should. It could be nothing... it could be something... it may not disqualify him as donor... but it might.

This doctor is sending the test results to the kidney doctor my dad saw last Wednesday to have him glance over it and make sure he didn't miss it in his evaluation and to get his opinion on it before they clear him as a donor and present the case to the committee. My mom said it was a two-hour drive and a three hour wait just to get some papers read, hands shaken and told "We'll call you when we know anything."

So, once again, we wait. I was praying that I would get this transplant before New Year's, which could still happen, but I'm thinking it probably won't. The hospital system basically has two speeds, fast and very slow. If it's life-threatening, they're moving as fast as lightning and everything gets done as soon as possible and surgeries are scheduled for the next day and medications are brought on time. But when you aren't dying... you're gonna have to wade through all the red tape the system can think to throw at you, and everything seems to move in slow motion. You ask for an appointment and it's weeks away, you ask for them to write some prescriptions and it takes forever.

Even though they have moved my case faster than usual, things are still going ridiculously slow and at this point, I STILL don't know for sure whether or not my dad is going to be able to be my donor or not.

On another note, I can't find my Hind's Feet on High Places book. I brought it with me to college and now I really am not sure where it could be. As soon as I find it, though, I am going to reread it and write some posts on what I read to share here.

I don't know if you can tell or not, but I'm trying to take my blog much more seriously and be more faithful at writing for y'all. It continues to amaze me when I see that I have one more "follower" or someone comments to tell me that they've been blessed and encouraged by my ramblings. I have no idea how many people are reading this, or how far this little blog might go. But seeing as how I've got all the time in the world right now, I might as well start writing more and putting up pictures and basically just open this window into my life up a few notches more so y'all can share a part in the crazy journey called life.


  1. Hang in there, girly. God's timing isn't in jeopardy. I feel for you. :(

  2. I was thinking about you the other day. I was remembering that time during AE when you brought me a cup full of cheezits and we had a chat-chat that involved a box of tissues... I wish we could do that again. :-D

  3. That chat was one of the most memorable moments of that AE to me because God used it to bring meaning to my own tiredness. It was very humbling and He reminds me of it every now and then when I get to feeling too sorry for myself. ;)